Tuesday, February 2, 2016

United Nations: American Humanist Association


Image credit goes to America Humanist Association.

The american humanist association is an NGO at the United Nations. From what I can tell they pride themselves in being atheists. This is not the most troubling bit of information found while exploring their site. They give various definitions to Humanism, including a branch of Christian Humanism.

Christian Humanism: a philosophy advocating the self-fulfilment of man within the framework of Christian principles.

The issue is being Christian has nothing to do with self fulfilment. Christianity is built upon the principals of doing the Lord's will. God driven fulfilment, and not always about the individual. Even if they mean self fulfilling, as in not the human self, they should say so, as being more specific would make the quote less misleading.

More troubling is the amount of dedication they've given to Religious Humanism. Sadly, it's not hard to see where their allegiance lies in spiritual matters. They quote the Satanic book, titled The Satanic Verses twice.


Image credit goes to the guardian
http://www.theguardian.com/books/2009/feb/14/salman-rushdie-ayatollah-khomeini-fatwa

Quoting The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie:
[My book says] that there is an old, old conflict between the secular view of the world and the religious view of the world, and particularly between texts which claim to be divinely inspired and texts which are imaginatively inspired. . . . I distrust people who claim to know the whole truth and who seek to orchestrate the world in line with that one true truth. I think that's a very dangerous position in the world. It needs to be challenged. It needs to be challenged constantly in all sorts of ways, and that's what I tried to do.

Testing God's word is obviously erroneous. I'm not suggesting the bible is fully God's word, but where's the wisdom in throwing the whole thing out the window? One must adhere to its truth.

The association says, don't worry, humanism is not solely negative, but also liberation.

They quote American agnostic Robert G. Ingersoll


Image credit goes to Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_G._Ingersoll

quote:
When I became convinced that the universe is natural, that all the ghosts and gods are myths, there entered into my brain, into my soul, into every drop of my blood the sense, the feeling, the joy of freedom. The walls of my prison crumbled and fell. The dungeon was flooded with light and all the bolts and bars and manacles became dust. I was no longer a servant, a serf, or a slave. There was for me no master in all the wide world, not even in infinite space. I was free-free to think, to express my thoughts-free to live my own ideal, free to live for myself and those I loved, free to use all my faculties, all my senses, free to spread imagination's wings, free to investigate, to guess and dream and hope, free to judge and determine for myself . . . I was free! I stood erect and fearlessly, joyously faced all worlds.

Now we see the group advocates freedom in becoming unshackled from spiritual truth.

Of the above quote they say in their own words:

Enough to make a Secular Humanist shout "hallelujah!"

Again, they make it clear through their writing where their allegiance lies. They simply prefer atheism and Satanism over the idea of God. Even more dangerous in my mind is their school for teaching children! The humanist Education Center, where they sport the same logo, reading "Good Without God." as their slogan.

I would urge readers to pray for these kids, and those influencing their lives.

Another red flag is the banner at the bottom of the page.

Supporting
  • Humanist Legal Center - Laws for humanists theoretically will end up being laws against Christians.
  • Boycott the pledge - This group would eradicate "In God we trust" and many other historical slogans our countries were built on. If one wants this to stop the government, and these groups, are the people to complain to.
  • Darwin Day - Evolution over creation. There are obvious problems here.
  • Humanist Education Center - Teaching kids in a humanist way. Theoretically, how to be good without God.
See their sites here:
http://americanhumanist.org/Humanism/What_is_Humanism

http://khec.americanhumanist.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment